Journey Through North Carolina – Part 11 ~ By Tom and Audrey ~

Hello and welcome to part 11 of our journey through North Carolina.

Fabio’s Restaurant, Newland, NC. http://www.usathroughoureyes.com

It was great relaxing at Down by the River Campground  and exploring the surrounding area.  On one of our outings we discovered Fabio’s  Restaurant in Newland, NC.  Folks what a place!  I know you’ve heard us say this a few times but we can’t help sharing with you these wonderful places.  Have you ever been at a restaurant where the owner loves cooking, loves people, loves his community, loves his family, has traveled the world and has a servant’s heart?  Well if you have then you can understand why this place rates high on the scale of eateries.

As we started talking, Fabio began letting us follow him as he prepared lunches and chatted with the continuing flow of people.  It was awesome watching this master in the kitchen.  He shared that he studied Culinary Arts in Switzerland, joined the cruise ship circuit preparing dishes on the seas, traveling to Europe working in restaurants perfecting his culinary skills before coming back to the USA and settling there in Newland, NC.  He summed it up wonderfully when he shared that cooking to him is about family and you always want to share a great meal with family.  Well, we sure felt like we were part of his family this day and truly we thank you Fabio for the experience.  We know you are following so keep making that special sauce because we’ll be back.

Well this is it for today.  We hope you come back and see how the trip unfolds as we share more of the USA Through Our Eyes.  Until then be safe.

usathroughoureyes
  1. Oristel Guenael

I was re-reading this because I love it so much. And I think the reason I love is because it involves sharing and loving. I truly am in love with this, “Have you ever been at a restaurant where the owner loves cooking, loves people, loves his community, loves his family, has traveled the world and has a servant’s heart?”

2. Madelyn Griffith-Haynie, MCC, SCAC

I’m always amazed by those who find their passion in the restaurant business – and grateful that so many DO. Posts like this one (especially the photos of Fabio in the kitchen) remind me that nothing is “work” when it is done with a joyful heart and one is called to undertake it.

I appreciate your including the beautiful people you meet as you travel this beautiful state.
    xx,
    mgh
    (Madelyn Griffith-Haynie – ADDandSoMuchMORE dot com)
    ADD/EFD Coach Training Field founder; ADD Coaching co-founder
    “It takes a village to transform a world!”

Thank you Madelyn. Isn’t it great how when you are doing what you enjoy it shows forth in your works. Passion is incredible and like Fabio you too have it as do so many here on wordpress with the courage to share it.

So true! Diversity makes us great and we all can bring something to the table. Just wish everyone at the table was willing to eat of the something brought, lol. I use to hate broccoli but now love it all because someone encouraged me to try it, lol.

3. Bel

You better stop making me hungry for places that are too far for me to visit 😊 You keep adding to my never ending list!! The restaurant looks good – just the kind of place I’d find myself eating those good comfort foods made with love 😊

4. Light Ministry Blog

Well, another great review of another great place to eat! Sounds like you guys found real gem in this place! I’m sure Fabio is very happy with this recommendation…

Steve

Thanks Steve. What a place and what a man. He certainly has his priorities in the right spot that came through as we got to know him. We believe there will be others stopping by his place and will see and taste. So nice having you along with us.

• Light Ministry Blog

There are some very nasty people in this world, which makes the observant ones take notice of the humble and kind folks out there. It’s always nice to enjoy such people as them…

This is so true Steve. We’ve come across a few in our travels and when we just smile, nod and keep moving. The great part is a moment later there are 10 with joy and a smile.

• Light Ministry Blog

I believe there are more people who will respond kindly when they are approached in that way. You are probably right in many cases.

• Light Ministry Blog

We are called to plant seeds, God does the rest. And we are expected to stay where we nor God’s word are not received…

5. robbiesinspiration

We have a cousin in North Carolina and I am hoping to travel to America in the foreseeable future. I am keeping a note of all these delightful places you mention so that we can visit some of them. Have a super week Audrey and Tom.

What a journey that will be for you and the family from Africa to NC. It will be exciting to see it through your eyes. We are happy our journey there may have given you some ideas.

It sure is a small world Deborah. You would love this little off the beaten path place. We warn you though you’ll be stuffed afterwards, lol. Our difficulty is pulling away from the table before having to loosen the belt, lol.

Pat you would love this little restaurant because we know you appreciate great food based on the great experiences you have finding eateries in your travels. It’s a real Italian meal without leaving the US, lol.

6. Heide

What a sweet post! Fabio seems like a real gem — and we could all learn both from his desire to serve others (quite literally, in this case!) and following his passion.

Thanks T.R. Isn’t it great when you have that joy in your heart and know where it comes from then share it as he does through his foods and service. Glad you are with us to enjoy reading about his gifts.

7. King Ben's Grandma

The best meals I’ve eaten in restaurants were in little family owned places in small towns. It’s like going to someone’s home.
    Thanks for sharing. Now I’m hungry😕😉

8. Oristel Guenael

Wow! I love this!!!! Wow! Life is all about sharing and loving and experiencing. I really love the way you keep a blog about your journey and the way you share it with us is mind blowing! You should, if you haven’t already, look into publishing!

9. writerkaren2017

Hi. I love reading about your travels. My travel has been limited to the UK and a few parts of Europe. I haven’t been to the US. I enjoy reading about your escapades. Really interesting.

This is so special of you to say Karen. It is nice we are able to share of our adventures here and follow along with your adventures there. The UK and Europe are places we hope to one day visit and learning through your travels there will prepare us. Thank you for making the time to talk with us.

10. Ann McDunn

This blog and the photos are a big compliment to Fabio, and what I was reading also my compliments for him. A man with a great heart. Thanks for sharing Tom and Audrey.

11. Margaret from soulfood101blog

God sure does put all His children right where He wants them to be and this is another great example! Fabio sounds like a very happy, appreciative man, no wonder he has lived such a full and blessed life. I love the pictures especailly the one of him(guessing it’s Fabio) and the little girls. That will warm your heart. Thank you 2 so much for sharing your trip with us :):) God Bless you 🙂

12. houstonphotojourney

You’re so wonderful at capturing what to me life is all about and sharing people’s passions, dreams and souls!! “Everyday people” can be such a joy to get to know! Thank you for bringing to life these everyday heroes in our lives!

This is so nice of you to say. Thank you. It is our desire to do this. There are so many wonderful people and their stories are great ones that teach us a lot. It warms our soul having you along to share with.