Journey Through North Carolina – Part 31 ~ By Tom and Audrey ~

Hello and welcome to part 31 of our journey through North Carolina.

This morning we left Wytheville KOA in Wytheville, VA at 9 a.m. and pulled an all-night drive-a-thon home arriving around 9 p.m.  As we drove it was fun reminiscing over what we saw and learned from this 3300-mile journey.  It felt good getting home though as it always does.

We feel blessed being able to travel like we do and then share our discoveries with all of you.  So many of you have embarked on the roads we are traveling and therefore can say you have been and continue being our inspiration.  When we feel tired or overwhelmed we dig into our memory banks and hold dear to words of encouragement you have given and or may have received.

Thank you again and hope you stayed tune for our next adventure seeing the USA Through Our Eyes.  Until then be safe and keep looking up.

usathroughoureyes
  1. Tobias Mann

I can’t wait for your next adventure! I am going to miss your almost daily updates and stories. You’ve met some truly unbelievable people on your journey. I hope it’s a short Hiatus.

2. Debbie L

Did you ever visit the beaches in NC? Or Wilmington area? We’ve been trying to visit the southern NC beaches and Wilmington. But it can’t find any blog posts to see first hand. Main thing appears to be the RV/campgrounds on the southern coast we filled with “settlers” and it is hard to get a reservation! We’d love to hear about your experiences if you ventured there.

This is so kind of you to say. We are glad to share your journeys and learn from them. It is so much better hearing of actual people traveling to see the sights that aren’t paid travelers.

Hello there Svein. Yes and its so nice to be home. Of course there is the catchup but we’ll get there. Thank you for your patience as you know what we’ve been up too.

3. TheresaBarker

Hi! Was thinking about you both today. Everything okay? I realized we hadn’t heard from you in a little while, and, just thought I’d check in with you to let you know I was thinking of you. 🙂 Hope your October is going well!

Hi Theresa. All is good. We went on a journey to Florida to check in on family in Florida and lend a hand to folks if the opportunity presented itself. The resilience of Floridians is incredible. They face these storms like they were a little rain storm and then quickly get on with their day. We just got home the other night and the trip back was so pretty as we watched the leaves change through their stages.

4. Ann McDunn

Oeps, I saw this last blog from the amazing journey and no comment from me, *shame*. I was all the time driving with you, Emma and Daisy and I love it. 3300-,mile is a very long trip, and than it is nice to come home again. All the photos, video’s and story’s being so beautiful and interesting. Waiting for the next journey, love from me to you both, and afcorse Emma, and ofcorse a paw from Mandy.

Hi Ann. We understand fully how hard it is at times to keep up with so many blogs and stories by wonderful folks. We just got back ourselves from a road trip and the internet was far and in between. No we are playing catch up with our wonderful blogging community. Our trip through NC was so wonderful. Like each or our journeys we came back more blessed.

5. Madelyn Griffith-Haynie, MCC, SCAC

I have so enjoyed your travels through one of my favorite states – thanks for taking me along. I think I’ve missed a few, so I’ll be back to play catch up. I hope things are going well in Florida.
    xx,
    mgh
    (Madelyn Griffith-Haynie – ADDandSoMuchMORE dot com)
    ADD/EFD Coach Training Field founder; ADD Coaching co-founder
    “It takes a village to educate a world!”

Hi Madelyn. Sorry for the delay in getting back with you. As you know we were out on another journey and this time the internet was not as available. All is good though and now its catch up time.

Thanks Madelyn for understanding. Isn’t it something how quickly the in basket pours over with wonderful post from everyone. What we appreciate is how patient everyone is when bloggers take a break or two and how we stick together and not just write people off because they haven’t commented back. We notice when we don’t see familiar bloggers posting and we get a tad worried if they are okay. Then suddenly they re-appear and there is relief knowing they are back again. We look forward to your post and others too!

• Candace N. Bisram

You’re most welcome. I hope all is well.. can’t wait to see what you guys have been up to. Sorry for the duplicate comment, I wasn’t sure if my first comment went through.

Thank you Candace. Yes all is extremely well here. We were off exploring Florida and internet was far and in between where we traveled. Now its catch up time to see what everyone has been up to.

6. TheresaBarker

Lovely photos again, and just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your adventures again. I “took a leaf” from your book in my recent series on “Daily Life,” to help explain to others what it’s like to be in my shoes … and your writing is always inspiring, Tom & Audrey! 🙂

Thank you so much Theresa for your words of encouragement. We think it is so special when we all share and like you so wonderfully noted causes us to realize just how much we have in common.

Thank you. As nice as it is being on the road it is always joy getting back home. Now its catch up to see all the wonderful blogs of folks we follow along with.

• Mary Raymond

Do you do any winter camping? I don’t remember if you do. I want to camp this winter in Louisiana, New Mexico, and Arizona but I noticed that temps drop into freezing even in the southern areas. I know a lot of people camp during the winter. Most of the time I gather it might not be an issue but for those exceptional nights, do you have any suggestions. Are there any campgrounds in those areas that you would suggest?

Hi Mary. Sorry for the delay in getting back with you. We just returned from another journey and had no internet. Yes we do winter camp and so enjoy it. In the region we live it seems snow last forever so camping in the winter is necessary. The difficulty however is finding campgrounds in this region that stay open during the blustery winter. A beautiful one we discovered was in Old Forge, NY. It was a winter paradise for us. It sits right on a little lake and the deer are everywhere as are many other animals. You would love it for sure.